Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. This year is definitely different from the rest, but I hope I can make things a bit easier for you so that we can make this year a great one!
First, let me introduce myself. I am currently a 7th Grade Math teacher at K. White and taught 8th Grade and Geometry last year here as well. I am grateful for the opportunity to combine two of my passions(math, teaching) and to work with students and lead them to success. As I mentioned, this will be a new experience for us all, but I am confident we will ultimately end up stronger and more prepared for the future. I have set in bold a couple of tasks you must complete as soon as possible(by September 6 at the latest).
**Students** Sign up for the section in which you have Ms. Garcia for Math. Student may have me for two classes.
Check out the videos below:
- Parents, after filling out this form, I will give you access to our parent folder full of informative videos to help prepare for the year. I will walk you through how to navigate our app, my expectations, as well as how our class will run. Do this before our Meet-the-teacher night preferably, so that I can answer any questions you may have.
- If student is in my hawk academy(2nd) and another class period, use the non-hawk academy class period on the google form.
2. Student Checklist before September 8th (on Google Class in Welcome Folder)
- Students, after you have signed up for the correct GC section, you will find a video where I talk about the tasks you must have completed prior to the first day of school. Find it under the Welcome Folder under the classwork tab on GC.
- I also ask that you go to our team and class apps to learn how they work and to understand what is expected of you during the year.
- Parents and students, read through this presentation. I have also included a video where I talk about each slide.
Learn about our Team 71 App
- Now I ask both parents and students to click on the 'Team 71 App' tab and read through the instructions to save our "app" to your phone homepage.
- Our team 71 app will help organize all of our information into one place. Look through it to become familiarized with it. Thank you and I look forward to meeting and working with you.
Tue/Th 2:30-3:00 pm
Tue/Th 3:10-4:00 pm
Fri 1:10-2:20 pm
*Set up conference*
Student Tutoring Availability:
Tue/Th 9:20-10:30 am
*on google meet*